With Durham Region moving into the Orange-Restrict category it doesn't affect our hockey programming yet, but it does affect spectators a little bit. We are still allowed 50 per ice pad but there are no spectators permitted with the exemption for one parent/guardian per player for supervision of children.
We have talked to our facilities and as we already have 1 parent per player in effect, nothing will change. However, please keep in mind that we are in an increased restriction level for COVID-19, so it is extremely important to follow the guidelines in place, or we will be removing parents/spectators entirely.
For Uxbridge ice where one bubble of teams play back to back without a cleaning - parents of the first hour must leave the arena in advance of the next teams coming in. This would be 45 minutes from the start of your ice time. Parents in the second hour can not enter the facility until the teams from the first hour have all left the building. This is very important to keep our numbers in the facility under 50 and to continue to allow parents in to watch.
Reminders for Parents & Players:
- Do not congregate in the arena lobbies - the lobbies are not in use. You may sit or stand in the designated areas only.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Please physically distance yourself from other parents while in the facilities.
- No Full size hockey bags - duffle bag only! (Goalies excluded)
- No outside Food and Beverage is to be brought into the facility
- Arena doors open 15 minutes before your scheduled ice time and close exactly when your ice time starts. There are NO exceptions.
- No in and out Privileges for you to bring your child in, go out and and return.
- No providing access to your friend who is 10 minutes late. Once doors are shut, the ice time is restricted. No one can enter or be let into the rink through the main or any side doors after the entry time has passed.
- No ignoring COVID Signage in the facility.
- Spitting is Strictly prohibited anywhere in the arena. This includes spitting water from your water bottle!
- Washrooms in dressing rooms are not in use.