Registration Information 2022/2023
Now that the 2021-22 season has wrapped up it is time to get your child registered for the 2022-23 season! Registrations for the 2022-23 season will be open on Wednesday April 6th .
IMPORTANT – Please read carefully:
- Cut off for Registration is April 30th at midnight.
- All registrations for U8 and above age groups received after May 1st will incur a $100 late registration fee which must be paid by September 30th.
- Fee increase from 2021-22 due to the following changes for 2022-23 season
- No Gate fees for 2022/2023 per OMHA (Gate fees were used to pay timekeepers and referee fees)
- Additional Ice is planned with each age group seeing an increase in ice time compared to last season.
- See below for the payment schedule. This will also be posted on the Brock Minor Hockey website.
- Final payment including any late fees must be made by September 30th or the player will not be allowed to participate until full payment is received.
- If there is any balance owing from this season or prior, the player will be blocked from registering for the current season until full payment has been received. This includes registration at other centers as well as BMHA.
- Players will be placed on a first come first serve basis, so please get your registration in as early as possible to avoid disappointment in the Fall.
To Register follow this link
Need help please contact:
Registrations Issues: Ben O’Grady – [email protected]
General Questions/Concerns – Jody Pardy – [email protected]
Payment/Fee Related questions: Dave Parry – [email protected]
Payment is to be made by e-transfer to: [email protected]
by Cheque to: Brock Minor Hockey Association, PO Box 691, Beaverton, Ontario L0K1A0
Please note that players must have paid the full 2021-22 season fees before they will be allowed to participate in the 2022-23 season.
In addition all payments must be received by Sept 30th before the player will be rostered to a team for the 2022-23 season.
Other Important Information:
All new registered players must have at least one parent complete the "Respect In Sports" course before your child can be rostered onto your team. This can be accessed through: https://omhahockeyparent.respectgroupinc.com/
All new registered players (and anyone who has not filled out a form in the previous year) must fill out a Rowan’s Law acknowledgement form and send this to the registrar at [email protected]
What is Rowan’s law?
Rowan’s Law (Concussion Safety), makes Ontario a national leader in concussion management and prevention by establishing mandatory requirements that call for:
· Annual review of concussion awareness resources that help prevent, identify and manage concussions, which athletes, coaches, educators and parents would be required to review before registering in a sport.
· Removal-from-sport and return-to-sport protocols, to ensure that an athlete is immediately removed from sport if they are suspected of having sustained a concussion and giving them the time required to heal properly
· A concussion code of conduct that would set out rules of behaviour to minimize concussions while playing sport.
In honour of Rowan Stringer, the 17-year-old rugby player whose death resulted from sustaining multiple concussions, the legislation establishes the last Wednesday in September as “Rowan’s Law Day”.
Ontario is the first jurisdiction in Canada to pass concussion safety legislation, setting a precedent for sport legislation across the country. The Ontario government worked closely with key medical experts, athletes, coaches and sport leaders – most notably the members of the Rowan’s Law Advisory Committee – in establishing this first-of-its-kind legislation.
Every Trainer on a team must have their HTCP Level 1. The Hockey Trainer Certification Program is designed to educate people in the prevention, recognition and management of hockey-related injuries and is the only sport-specific risk management, injury management and safety education program in Ontario.
Started in the 2019-2020 season, participants will be required to review the issued Concussion Awareness Resources, sign the acknowledgment form and submit it to their respective minor hockey association.
Rowan’s Law Acknowledgement form: https://cdn2.sportngin.com/attachments/document/e0b9-1916098/OHFRowansLawAcknowledgementForm.pdf